Friday, June 13, 2014

You are the form heaven takes, our souls fire-born

this poem is by my friend, Jeff Vander Clute.

You Are the Form Heaven Takes

April 13, 2014 at 5:59pm
In early April of my waking dream,
sitting beside the dancing waves, I see!
that you are the form heaven takes
to welcome me home.

Riding the secret currents of peace,
I float amidst Earth tones
through perfumed pure lands
and kiss the hand of pristine presence.

Behind the timeworn veils
we call you
  and me,
the unsplit source light shines forth
through facets of precious, polished stone.

Meaning:
Our soul was fire-born
to fly and fall end over beginning again
into the rippling seas of love,
for we are love.

Night dawns. What miraculous fortune
to wake up stargazing
in eternal cosmic embrace:
We are the self-reflecting mirror.

The constellations of your face
twinkle and reach down
through untold distances of time
to stroke the surface waters,

slipping at last unresisted
into the depths
to pluck this heart
now ripe.

No comments: