Sunday, June 15, 2014

To feel everything deeply, as high empaths do . . .


I don't think it is a curse to feel everything deeply.

It is only a curse if you don't work to become conscious of who you really are.

I was in my forties before I began to know that much of what I felt was stuff I picked up from others.  Now sixty, I know I take on other people's energy. As long as I work to remember that all that I feel is not always my energy, I am okay. When I slip from consciously acknowledging what is going on within me, I tend to lash out unkindly, in a fruitless attempt to unload what I am feeling. All I have to do is pause, take a few soothing breaths and pay attention, asking "what is me and what is not?" and, poof, i am clear and grounded.

In moments of high charge, I don't always do this. I can be triggered into reactivity, as all humans do.  In such moments, I sometimes hurt people, including people I love.

A work in progress, that's me.

No comments: