Monday, June 09, 2014

this world is gobmsmacking glorious

I just finished my tiny amount of tayberries. Tayberries are about twice the size of most raspberries, longer, not fatter.  They definitely have a distinct taste. I'd definitely eat all the tayberries, organic ones, I could get my hands on. I would also eat as many raspberries, blueberries and strawberries I can afford.

I have decided that each week at my farmers market I am going to buy one thing I have never eaten before.

I will start with beets. I have had a bite or two of beets. I do not like pickled beets and that's the only kind I ever have had.

I read recently that beets have many good things in them for diabetics. They aren't bad carb, like sugar. They are good carbs.

My market had red beets, yellow beets and pink ones last week. I will buy one of each color.

I want to savor as much of the abundant bounty of our commons, Mother Earth, as I can. Nature provides everything needed.

Although, to the best of my knowledge, nature does not provide any healing foods for the Type I diabetic, no food will provide the insulin my body no longer makes.

Before the creation of artificial insulin, the average life span for Type I diabetics after diagnosis was one year.

I try to eat everything I learn about that helps my pancreas stimulate some insulin. Stevia does. Chard does.

No comments: