Sunday, December 27, 2015

chocolate bliss w/apple slices

I haven't made chocolate bliss in years. Last time I made it, I was showing an acquaintance how I make it in a good blender. He severed ties with me after that visit. I didn't stop making the chocolate bliss because he began to shun me. It was more like this:  I had found my way to making sugar-free healthy candy with only raw ingredients that is delicious and also healthy. The fat in the coconut is food fat. The raw chocolate loaded with super food nutrients. The raw almonds add protein, fiber and good fat.

Right after it ia made, it is warm and dippable.

I made this jar for my pending out-of-town houseguest. I will have to make more if my guest is going to get any because it is too delicious for me to resist.

I had the great memory of slicing an apple and dipping the slices into the warm chocolate almond sugar-free candy.

For folks accustomed to sugar being the only way to get to candy, I recommend chocolate bliss. It has coconut flakes pulverized into coconut butter:  the high speed friction of the blender melds it into butter and it still counts as raw. Then I add finely shopped raw cacao butter, which is what they make white chocolate from. Chopping it finely helps it melt faster. Then lots of chocolate powder. I love chocolate. This latest batch is very densely chocolate-y.

I added what I thought was a lot of cinnamon, like a tablespoon, but I can't taste any cinnamon in this batch. I also added a dash of vanillas but not enough to taste it, I guess.

I had intended to make myself some chocolate bliss for my holiday treat but I have been too depressed to do anything. I am sleeping 20+ hours daily. I keep thinking it is not possible to sleep as much as I want to sleep but then I roll over and give it the old college try and, presto, I sleep through most of the night, all of the day light and wake up the next evening when the sun has gone down.

I have not tidied up nearly enough for a week-long houseguest, a fussy neatnik houseguest.  I am so depressed that I kept thinking I still have weeks to tidy up. Duh. He'll be here in four ays and I have two weeks of housework. He loves me so he'll just have to deal with my clutter.  My place is clean. I had hoped to use this visit to motivate me to purge.  The best I am getting out of my twenty minutes, at most, daily housecleaning attempts is to reshuffle stuff.

The warm chocolate bliss with apple slices is so delicious. And  I am countng it as a balanced meal:  fruit, fiber, protein, healthy fat and deliciousness.  No greens but I ate a huge bowl of spicy green beans earlier.

Spicy green meals are so easy to make.

No comments: