Sunday, December 27, 2015

Anselm Kiefer: one year old video, brand new show in France


Anselm Kiefer: Remembering the Future from Jack Cocker on Vimeo.

I was just thinking and writing about Kiefer yesterday and today I learn the Pompidou Center is doing a major new retrospective. He's done a lot of very different, and awesome, work since his big show in SF in 2006, the year I moved here. I went to that show at least once a week the whole time it was up, soaking up as much as I could.

I would give a great deal to go to the show in France. Oh well.

Just look at the photo where this video begins. He had not shown anything close to this kind of work when his big show was at SFMOMA. This piece, without having watched the movie or read anyting about it, suggest galaxies, worlds, constellations, intersection, interbeing, overlap. And beautiful. And love.

No comments: