Wednesday, December 23, 2015

visions and divine visitations

In times past people took to their beds at nightfall, but not merely to sleep. They touched one another, told stories and, with so much night to work with, woke in the middle of it to a darkness so luxurious it teased visions from the mind and divine visitations that helped to guide their course through life.

I've been sleeping odd hours the past couple weeks or more. Today I was awake during daylight the longest I have been in about two weeks.  I wish I had someone with me, to comfort one another, tell stories, make love with the right someone. . . and, maybe in the middle of the night, make some coconut milk cocoa and have some wild rice soup.  I can't do everything alone.

I've had a couple vivid visions.  I have had vivid dreams, become lucid, then awakened so I could write them down.  I thought it was depression but as I rise out of what I have been doing, I see it has been divine, sacred personal work.

No comments: