Saturday, March 22, 2014

the first robin sighting each year in our Waldorf School

At my daughter's Waldorf School, the then-school administrator would invite all the children in the school to keep an eye out for their first robin siting. The very first child to see a robin each spring 'won'. I don't know if there was an actual prize. My daughter didn't seem to get into robin watching. Maybe I was neglectful. I couldn't do everything, remember everything. I did plenty of wonderful giving to her, truly I did.

Then the school administrator would, in the weekly newsletter, keep the whole school updated on robin sightings until spring was in full bloom and lots of birds about.

I miss having kids in my life, seeing children get excited about buds breaking open and stuff like that.

No comments: