Saturday, March 22, 2014

Happiness, lucky lucky me

My many fans want to know everything I bought, right?   lol

*Three pink lady apples from the seconds bin: blemished but tasty and much cheaper.  I didn't eat apples for about ten years after I was diagnosed diabetic. On my antiinflammatory nutrition program, I know that if I eat a wide variety of foods, I get all the probiotics, micronutrients and any nutrition I need without any supplements. So I have taken to eating a still fairly rare apple. I pick out the smallest ones I can find, always thinking about carbs. Carbs mean more insulin, to much insulin means weight gain and this chick is on a roll of winning by losing.

*Chard has been shown, in some scientific studies, to encourage Type One diabetic pancreas' to eke out a little more insulin so now I eat chard regularly. I didn't like it. I have discovered a tiny splash of tamari (wheat-free soy sauce) after braising chard in garlic infused EVOO (extra virgin olive oil -- organic of course, same with garlic, organic). I hate chard raw or cooked without that tang of tamari then, the magic of cooking, I frakking love it.

*I could steam my gluten-free organic tortillas and gobble up the whole dozen, if, that is, I could handle that many carbs. I basically don't eat any grains anymore except for occasionally indulging in these awesome organic tortillas. The tortilla guy remembers me and we joke.  I eat them sparingly because I have vowed to be done with all grain bur organic corn tortillas. I love them. Say, I could still eat pupusas without cheese, they are made of corn, too. Next time I am in the Mission, which might be today, I'll ask at my favorite pupuseria, Elsy's, at 25th and Mission.

When I am happy, lit from within, men notice me. A guy in my building just asked me out and he's been here four years and never talked to me before.  I told him I have a boyfriend. Wanna know why? Because I have always said any man who knew me fat but wasn't interested in me, wasn't going to get me interested in him when I lost a lot of weight. I'm still fat. I don't want to overstate things but I am steadily, and quickly, losing. almost fifty pounds since September. Soon my dream of onederland will be upon me and soon thereafter, like six months, I intend to weight what I weight when I got pregnant in 1981. I don't expect to ever weight my all-time adult low weight again, which came after I gave birth. I lost about 26 or more pounds, probably more cause I didn't see the oc until I was two months preggers and I had lost a lot by then. I barfed for 9 months, well, 8.3, she came a little early, the little plum.

I consulted with my microgreens vendor. She noted I hadn't been at the market last week. I was aat a workshop in Novato, eh? Plus, she commented, "You have nto bought sorrel for awhile."  For some reason, I have to feel happy and feel love for myself to buy sorrel. I love sorrel. I wonder if any brujas use it in love potions. Not necesarily romantic love potions, just about LOVE.

I guess I am feeling, feeling drawn to the growing power of warm weather and lots of sunlight.

*And the first strawberries are a bit like seeing one's first robin.

*kale. Kale is high in fiber. I know from friends who juice it. I was given a juicer by an acquaintance but have never used it.  He told me he was experimenting with using all the pulp sucked out to make juice by making flax seed crackers. I bet that would work. If I did it, which I won't, I think I'd try some seasoning on flax and kale pulp crackers. It should work, esp. if one has a food dryer,. I'd begin with a tiny dash of tamari, for a little goes a long way. What else would work? A fun thing to think about when I get over this burst of taking longer to report on my half day thus far than the burst of activity took.

*Spinach


No comments: