Friday, March 21, 2014

spring has now unwrapped her flowers

spring has now unwrapped her flowers
day is fast reviving
life with all its growing powers
toward the light is striving''

all the world with beauty fills
all the world with beauty fills.

Gold the green enhancing
Flowers make glee among the hills
and set the meadows dancing.

I don't know who wrote this song. My daughter learned it in Waldorf and taught it to me when we worked in our family garden. All our neighbors would remark on their pleasure, with windows open greeting spring, hearing us sing. There were other songs. This is my favorite so I remember it best.

She had to teach it to me so we sang it one line at a time and over and over until I had it down. She was happy, I thought, and I sure was. Being with her always lit me up in a way nothing else ever has.

I grieve feeling lit by her presence.  I grieve her rejection.

No comments: