Saturday, June 20, 2015

squash blossoms, another recipe for happiness

Every year, when the markets are selling squash blossoms, I feel a skip of happiness.

Squash blossoms.
Lovely words.
Lovely flowers
Tasty treats.
Yum.

I am going to sautee my dozen squash blossoms, which were priced at four for a dollar, in garlic-infused olive oil, along with spinach. My dinner. Nothing is better than spinach braised in garlic-infused live oil but squash blossoms are a once a year, tasty, beautiful treat.

Update: when I got out some spinach and my squash blossoms, I saw I had some strawberries from last Saturday that were not going to be edible tomorrow. I sliced them up and braised them with my greens and blossoms.  I was going to give my meal a splash of lemon but I got lazy. Also I concluded the strawberries would flavor my meal.

I love it that I can happily savor a meal such as the one I had for dinner this evening.




No comments: