Friday, June 19, 2015

read between the lines, said the oracle

A former business partner and former friend has had an 'oracle on her website for a long time.  For years, like 20 years, she used words for the oracle.  You are supposed to reflect on a question for which you seek guidance and then click on the link and trust that whatever message came up is the right answer for you. If you don't understand how the message applies to you question, you reflect.

It is a charming tool that I have turned to occasionally.

In recent years, her face to face work has increasingly migrated online. I have not quite adapted to online workshops. I live in an old face to face world.

Recently she began using two oracles, her longstanding one and one that arbitrarily showed oracle cards created by her friends and students. The new oracle cards are delightful, although the artistic technique is low.

Looks like she has switched to the all-homemade oracle. It is lighter, more delightful than the more serious oracle she used to use.

Yesterday I asked a question a question, clicked on the oracle and I got a colorful card with the words 'read between the lines'.  That answer seemed to be a nothing answer so I immediately clicked for a new card.

I can't remember what the second oracle card said. Ever since I read the phrase 'read between the lines', the phrase keeps cropping up in my thoughts. Any meaning it has for me is meaning I give it. I am fascinated that this oracle phrase has stayed with me, is so alive. Read between the lines.

Duh. If I could read between the lines, I would not seek our an oracle, ya know?

!

No comments: