Saturday, March 17, 2018

Irish girls are the best

When my daughter was a toddler, I bought her a XS adult green t-shirt that said 'Irish girls are the best".  I put her in black tights, a belt and called it a dress.  I must have been at least separated from her father because he would have forbidden me to use that t-shirt as a dress. He usually forbid me to do pretty much anything other than housework. Creativity was not his jam. He told me many times that my creative choices were crazy.

I had my daughter wear her Irish girls are the best t-shirt on St. Patrick's Day for years, perhaps until she got to around middle school age and began to treat me a lot like her father did.

But, come to think of it, I am certain she wore Irish girls are the best at least once on St. P Day, to her high school.

No comments: