Monday, July 06, 2015

snapdragons: life is good

I love snapdragons. When I grew them, I never cut any. I loved seeing the in my garden as long as possible. When I have gardened, I have known and loved every plant I tended. Tending a garden is good unconditional love practice. Come to think of it, I did not share the love with any weeds choking our my more vulnerable plants. Now, if I had a garden to tend, I've lovingly remove the weeds. Did you hear me, Love?

Snapdragons are abundant in the farmers markets just now. And affordable. I buy a new bunch each week they are in season.

This week's snaps are placed on a sidetable near my bed. They are the first things I see when I get up. The very first thing I see is checking the time by noting where the shadows fall on the rounded, opposite end of my building. The round end if a tower and I think of it as my sundial.

I am usually spot on guessing the time, after six years of reading my sundial daily when I am home.

No sun today. Gray, foggy skies. Mist in the air that, after years of drought, feels like rain. So no sundial.

My yellow and pink-and-yellow variegated snapdragons were a lovely gift to myself this morning, consolation for the fogged over sundial.

It is unusual for the fog to get so low that I can't read my undial.

Life is good.

No comments: