Saturday, July 18, 2015

only white and middle class need apply

The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing

We've all heard this one but I am reflecting on it today. A bullying pig viciously attacked me at an elitist, all-white meeting that purported to be the beginning of a citywide coalition in Berkreley. At this meeting, one rich white woman propsed that the group abandon asking for Berkeley to provide low income affordable housing and limit ourselves to asking for middle class affordable housing. This group purported to be founding a new progressive coalition to change the direction of Berkeley politics.

Let's see. .. purging nonwhites from poor areas by allowing luxury development that does not include any affordable units. .. is that progressive?  Convening an organizing meeting of only white people . .. is that progressive?

Oh, and this all white crowd witnessed an asshole bully and abuse someone who had been invited to this table of elitists and all stood by, watched the asshole repeatedly bully me . . . and no one said nothing. 

I predict great success for this new coalition. To be fair, the person who convened this all white organizing meeting did say this was going to be a new kind of coalition. Apparently it will be one that embraces abusive bullies and accepts the gentrifiation that is purging the poor and black right out of Berkeley.

And when I had enough of the asshole's abuse, and when I asked him to stop he escalated his verbal abuse into loudly shouting insults at me, I left. And then, get a load of this, I was told that I had been wrong to remove myself from being abused.

I suppose this same crowd will tell the poor being purged out of berkeley to go .. . . to go where exactly when one has lived in a community all their lives? . . .as the poor and blacks are forced out of Berkeley to make way for high income techies, this group will probably blame the poor, as the lose their lives, for being poor, much like I was blamed for leaving when the asshole ratcheted up his abuse.

No comments: