Tuesday, July 14, 2015

I want things to be easy for me

Pain only becomes greater the more we think about it
As everyone knows, as far as subjective feelings are concerned, pain only becomes greater the more we think about it. It is not the objective damage but the pain of it that increases as we think more about it. In certain respects, the very best remedy for the overcoming of pain is to bring yourself, if you can, not to think about it.
Source: Rudolf Steiner – GA 302a – Education for Adolescents – Stuttgart, 21th June 1922

if only I could stop thinking about some of my losses. if only I could . . . and yet, I do manage to avoid thinking about damage I have experienced. Meditation is a great way to stop thinking.

But I can't shake my human imperfections, not yet. I am not an ascended master. Far from it.

I want everything to be easy.

No comments: