Thursday, July 30, 2015

great joy slipped into my day

A mother and her three week old daughter sat in the same row with me. The mom guessed, accurately, that no one would take the empty seat between us because many people fear babies will cry on airplanes.

This angel, Austin, and her mother were in the awesome love vortex that parents and new babies enter. The young woman talked with me a lot at first but she kept being drawn back in the cocoon new nursing moms and babies live in.

Both mother and daughter were perfection, radiating life at its finest.

And I got to share it. To my right as our plane approached the freakishly hot and sunny Seattle, Mt. Rainier dazzled as it has never dazzled before. It was all glistening which, undulating its supersensible power to the indigenous of its land and the interlopers, most us white folks who still setal land from Indians.

In one direction, I felt reverence for the sacred looking at that blissful and perfect mom and child.  In the other direction, I felt reverence, as I do increasingly, for this planet, this universe, atoms, black holes, dinosaur skeletons, shamans, drumming, dancing on that mountain to remind the dancers the are alive in this gobsmcking glory.

One of the better plane rides I have taken. The young mother patiently listened to me tell her about the first plane ride Rosie and I took, to have her Christianed in my hometown. Any plane ride with
Rosie, even a short car ride, was bliss.

I had a horrible, awul, very bad day and yet my day kept insisting on shimmering, dazzling me with life and this cosmos.

Thank you goddess for most this amazing day.

No comments: