Saturday, November 14, 2015

Paris: we reap what we sow

"This is an attack not just on Paris, it’s an attack not just on the people of France, but this is an attack on all of humanity and the universal values that we share." —President Obama on the attacks in Paris

We reap what we sow, Barry.
I also feel empathy and sorrow for the 43 lives lost to terrorism in Beirut a day or two ago, a tragedy that does not fill our newsfeeds, perhaps because no white people died.

We reap what we sow.
I have much empathy for all that are suffering from the terror attacks in Paris. I am saddened that any humans would behave this way. Truly.

I also have empathy for the hundreds of thousands of refugees walking the earth with their babies and few belongings on their backs, with no home and few putatively civilized countries stepping up to help them, seeming to blame and punish victims of our regime change, and 'their' terrorism.

I am also saddened over the hundreds of thousands of lives that have been lost by America's, and its allies, wars around the world.  When a drone strike takes out a village of human beings, I can imagine the loved ones of that community that survive feeling the same shocked sadness that the world feels about Paris.

We have to stop sticking our heads in the sand, stop believing our pursuit of war is good and anyone else's pursuit is bad. All war is bad.

I can easily imagine American and its allies coming across as uninvited terrorists that murder, maim and destroy countries.  Maybe Paris is too fresh for most people to read my thoughts. I'm still reeling over the fact that we went to war against Iraq based on lies, murdered hundreds of thousands and we don't see the connection between our unjust wars and last night in Paris.

I am sickened that Amreeka, our president and so many other countries are blind to the fact that we are terrorists. If I lost an infant to an American attempt at regime change, a covert excuse to control oil and ower, I am sure I would see America's acts on the global stage as terrorism.

We reap what we sow. We are terrorists and we are attacked by terrorists.

Stop the madness.  Be love.

No comments: