Sunday, September 28, 2014

Sunday dinner, then and now

Growing up, our Sunday dinner was always a bit fancier than the rest of the week. It usually involved mom roasting a chicken.

Today I am marinating some boneless chicken thighs, pasture raised and pasture fed, in a tikka masala marinade (or my version thereof). After canvassing, I'll come home and bake my chicken.

A huge raw salad, chicken and fruit for dessert.

Expecting a date.

I am a pretty good cook but I don't cook much for myself. Never have. I like to cook for people.

Gosh, I had to take the chicken out of the freezer yesterday and then I put the chicken in a marinade before I head out in a few minutes to canvas all afternoon. I am impressed with myself.

And I made more than we'll need for dinner so I have leftovers.

I don't eat much chicken anymore. I can live without it.  But for some reason, I am craving a hearty meal.

Say, I could bake a squash, too.

Yum.  And I have something to look forward to while out canvassing, which gets hot, hard, tiring, except when it is uplifting and happy-making.

No comments: