Saturday, September 27, 2014

down, blue, depressed . . . .

I've been sailing along. A happy camper. A few days ago, like dark, heavy fog, depression rolled in.  I have no conscious insight into why this bout of depression rolled in.

I have had the experience only a couple times, where I see depression coming at me, like one can see storm clouds many miles away when on the Great Plains. Once driving through Oklahoma, going from Minneapolis to spend the summer in Austin, TX, I saw tornado twisters on the far horizon, seeing them draped mostly just above the flat ground, seeing them touch down. In a similar way, just a couple times. Sometimes a cluster of tornado clouds can look like dark, wet laundry blowing on a clothesline.

I love seeing storm clouds dipping up and down from the earth at a great distance. It reminds me of the majestic quality of the Great Plains.  Born in South Dakota, which does have the Black Hills in its western side, I think I incarnated on the flat plain of eastern South Dakota because it fit something in my soul.

No comments: