Thursday, May 14, 2015

city hall caught red handed? lol

My friend Becky runs an online newspaper. She used to run a print newspaper but her bookkeepers absconded with the newspaper's federal tax withholdings, she could no longer afford to print news or pay writers. She still publishes online.

Last week, she published this story:
http://berkeleydailyplanet.com/issue/2015-05-08

If you go to the link I have just posted, you will see a lobbyist having a private, ex parte conversation in front of a sign that says "NO PUBLIC ALLOWED". A witness saw the lobbyist in the photo entering the private council space several times. A city staffer told me on Facebook, and I captured a screen shot of the comments in case the staffer would experience repercussions (altho I would not hesitate to urge s/he be suponea if it were to become necessary to our cause!), that this lobbyist in the photo and in the news story is in and out of private council chambers and city offices all the time, that he and another development lobbyist have free reign in city hall.

Tonight, in the same building to attend a zoning board meeting, I noted that the NO PUBLIC ALLOWED sign had been removed.

The power of the press. And thousands of hours of hard work by good citizens working to improve their community.

Community rocks. And I am helping to rock my community.

No comments: