Friday, August 15, 2014

tumeric: self love daily

If you don't like the taste, you can buy it in capsules. I have grown accustomed to the taste and add it to savory, low-carb breakfast muffins with no gluten.

I've eaten some tumeric daily for a few years.  I have been able to stop using high blood pressure meds. Now my blood pressure is always in a healthy range.  My bad cholesterol is now low and my good cholesterol is high and even my triglycerides are in the target range. As a Type One diabetic, my insulin needs are lower when I eat tumeric. I take it reasoning it can't hurt and it might help. Tumeric helps the body metabolize food and it is the #1 medicine in Ayurvedic medicine for Type Two diabetes. 

Eating tumeric sometimes reminds me of something my mom often said when her children did not like a new food she introduced us to. She would say "It is an acquired taste." Then she'd go on to say if you eat it awhile, you will like it. Tumeric fits mom's criteria for acquired taste. I have acquired a taste for enjoying tumeric.

Here is a link to an informative article on the 14 drugs tumeric can replace.

science confirms: turmeric as effective as 14 drugs

No comments: