Monday, January 13, 2014

The Golden Tunnel Reveals Magic

In the Golden Tunnel
I see elemental beings
or supersensible beings
or radiance
or magic

In the Golden Tunnel
I am connected to everyone
connected to everything
I feel stars, ,specific ones sometimes
radiating, lighting up our cosmos
lighting up me
lighting up all and everything
I feel the stars in the golden tunnel

I feel sunlight, too
I can feel the sun as tactilely as I feel it in an outdoor poorl
while doing laps for an hour
The best part of lap swimming
by the way
is the light.
On sunny days, the light lights me
and bedazzles
On overcast days, esp. rainy ones
the light is just as great
different, yes, but there is light in a cold dark rain

Plus plunging into a pool on a cold dark day
is magic
You shiver out there
regretting that you were a good doobie
and showered for the pool's sake
You rush, but not run, so the lifeguard doesn't yell
It's funny to hear a teenage lifeguard yell at a sixty year old lady
"don't run on the pool deck'
So I walk fast.

Then, no matter how cold it is
or how cold I am
I fuss with my goggles
I do that to hold back the jump
It is so great to plunge in
that I like to wait, adjusting goggles that don't need adjusting
Shit, I been using the same exact goggles, occasionally replaced, for 20 years
I don't need to adjust no goggles

I stand there, shivering, enjoying feeling cold because I don't feel that much
not this kind of cold
when I am almost naked, outside, and it's cold wet air and no warming light

but there is light
there is always light
even in the darkest nights
we live in a cosmos filled with light

The Golden Tunnel

No comments: