Sunday, November 16, 2014

Memories

In 2006, I had many blood clots in my lungs.  The lung x-Ray looked like polka dots. To save my life they put me on an intense med intended to thin my blood so much that it would begin to melt the clots.  This drug made me very vulnerable, thus the close care of ICU.  ICU nurses have love and equanimity.  Those nurses cared more about me than I did.  In that heavily drugged state, I had a very powerful experience.  A voice-my goddess self?-told me if I wanted to live, I needed to start loving myself.  The voice said "these nurses love you more than you love you".  I started loving myself more right away.

I stopped writing this post earlier because Jaden, my adorable male nurse, had come in and said I could go home.

Boring posts about my ER but this is my personal blog and I can be dopey if I wanna.

Let's be honest. I am dopey often, it is one of my charms.

I am also very funny but very tired. And very sick.

I'm tired of being sick and it aint over.  But I am home in my own bed, always a healing balm after an ER trip, eh?

No comments: