Friday, June 01, 2018

let me off

A conversation from about ten years ago has been flickering into my thoughts.  I was in the golden tunnel, aware of energy at some lovely, subtle levels. I felt the pulse of the Cosmos/Love/Goddess most of the time.  In such a space, I became vividly aware that the Cosmos is always conscious of me and all beings.  If someone reads this and disagrees, that's okay. I get to own my own life, my experience of being.

Some guy I knew at the time learned that I believed the Cosmos was aware of each and every being, and he scoffed, mocked, saying "No way is there an omnipresent consciousness that knows about you all the time."

In another direction, I have always found myself reflecting very fleetingly, here and there, on the various stories religions come up with to explain creation.

I was raised in a very seriously Catholic community. I learned lots about Bible stories from eighteen years of Sunday sermons that always had some kind of root in the Bible. I learned a lot about Jesus in the Bible.  No one in my Catho-world questioned an Immaculate Conception that resulted in Jesus Christ. 

I have heard many, and I have done this a bit myself, laugh at the origin stories adopted by the Mormon Church or Scientology.  Very recently, it struck me that any and all origin stories are human, imperfect, maybe impossible, attepts to explain essential mystery.

Why are we here?  Why are there fireants?  When did humans become humans? Where did the Earth come from?

I can no longer ascribe to the many creation myths that have male energy (patriarchy much?) at the core of Creation. I have yet to learn of humans who were not born from women's bodies.  It makes a kind of sense that men tried to hijack the human narrative and make it male dominator-y.  Men felt threatened and exerted control. Not unlike the tale of the USA fighting perpetual wars to retain its dominance.

No comments: