Saturday, February 15, 2014

Bertold Becht saw this world more clearly than most contemporary humans





Brecht died in 1957. Based on this quote alone, I gather he saw what happens in the world more clearly than most.

I was told, throughout my education, right through law school, that America was a great country, that we were really, truly based on the noble rhetoric of guys like Thomas Jefferson.  As this country slides into a Dickensian nightmare, I not only fear the future but I am choking on anger over the past.

I often see references to how Hitler skillfully used propaganda, esp. film by Leni Riesenstahl (If I spelled her name wrong, I don't care, she was in thrall to evil). References to Nazi propaganda usually implies 'thank goddess stuff like that doesn't happen here." Stuff like that does, indeed, happen here, and always have.

I know mostly liberals and New Age spirituality seekers who believe there is only love and goodness. Heck, I count myself among such believers. But I don't think we're pulling the 1% plans for us out of the crapper. It's way too late.

No comments: