Friday, November 10, 2006

OK: I'm going pink

In July, I attended Blogher '06, a fantastic conference full of beautiful, bawdy, brilliant, blogging babes. At this conference, I met a blogger named Liz Henry who, at the time anyway, had blue hair. I read somewhere, probably on someone's blog, that when asked 'hey liz, why do you dye your hair blue?" Liz replied, "Because I can." Her reasoning, I am certain, is rooted (this was not intended as a pun) in the idea that women have a right to own their image and they have been pressured to compress themselves into narrow societal strictures that really, in my humble opinion (I cannot speak for Liz! I scarcely know her.)are all about pleasing others (mostly males) instead of themselves.

Blue hair, indeed!

I am going to get pink highlights. Why? Because I can.

After I go pink, I will try to figure out how to post a photo of me with pink hair. I should have a photo on my blog anyway.

Thank you, Nancy White, for your supportive comment. I needed that encouragement.

1 comment:

Nancy White said...

My pleasure. I read your blog in my bloglines reader every couple of days, which interestingly catches the posts you have created and removed. It is like a wash of "Tree" that floats out of my screen, bringing you vividly in front of me for a few minutes.

To come back to the blog and not see the removed posts at first made me worried. Then I relaxed, and made me feel lucky to have experienced the transitory gift.

Enjoy the pink hair. I want a picture, ok?