Saturday, October 14, 2006

oh my gosh, I'm happy

After the hot tub, we took long naps. Joan slept almost three hours. I was so hungry I was ready to chomp on toilet paper. I tried to wake her several times and then finally I insisted she come out for dinner.

We went to a storefront Italian joint called Antonio's. The walls were painted to look brick and stucco walls, Italian. There was a leaning tower. There should have been chianti bottles holding candles on each table.

And there was a live Frank Sinatra impersonator.

Oh my gosh, oh my goodness, what a great time. Fly me to the moon. New York, New York. The best is yet to come. The guy wasn't very good and he had to read most of the lyrics off the karaoke (sp?) prompter. Joan made me be quiet a lot because she loves this kind of music: she had been singing it to me all day. The Sinatra guy sang "I can't help falling in love with you" and Joan cried through the whole thing. Her husband Mike sang it to her in a karaoke bar when they first dated.

Dinner was okay. But the evening was awesome. I am in love with Joan. I am so glad she is here with me and that she made me savor the journey to my new home.

She tipped the impersonator ten bucks on the way out the door. The guy obviously never expected a tip: he didn't even have a tip jar! He tucked the sawbuck into his suit pocket. I think that was my favorite moment: the tip made the crooner so happy.

1 comment:

Tom Atlee said...

What a great blog, Tree! You are quite a writer. Better watch what you say, because about 56,328 people are going to read your blog in a few months.... :)