Thursday, May 03, 2018

over to the rainbow

I need to go to the city, to the hallowed ground of Rainbow Grocery, a worker owned co-op with the largest selection of bulk items I have ever seen, more choices than I could have ever imagined on my own. I find things I did not know existed in that bulk food barn.

They also sell packaged foods. . . but no meat. They do sell dairy and eggs. And the prices on all their non-bulk food are exhorbitant.

I love going over to the Rainbow anyway.

I love it that I usually go there for something small. I'll be heading over to the rainbow tomorrow to buy bulk organic black peppercorns. Or colorful peppers. They sell multi-colored pepper balls for grinding.

I will pick up some fermented bulk foods.

I am on the hunt for pickled ginger. I keep forgetting to buy it when I am in food stores, which I am not in often.

No comments: