Saturday, May 12, 2018

Pure Joy Tea: for real

I bought a small package of a beautiful looking and beautiful smelling, custom blended tea from a herbalist and healer today. The tea is called Heart Afire, Pure Joy. And it says made with love.

One can see bits of rose petals in the bag. QUERY:  do I send it to her? or drink it and try to feel loving towards myself as I sip? I'd use some almond milk. I love milky tea.

My daughter is named Pure Joy, altho I gave her a more conventional first name that means pure instead of naming her pure.  I chose her name with much clarity of intention:  she would be pure joy!!!

Ha. Ha. Happy Mother's Day to me, the childless mother.

I so fucking hate Mother's Day. As has become part of my awful Mother's Day ritual, I have ruminated several times this weekend about my first Mother's Day after her birth, which was in May 1983.  Being with her was pure joy but, Mother's day being on a weekend, her father's presence marred my day.

Her father was, as he was every day, a pure asshole. She was pure joy, pure bliss, pure love.

No comments: