Monday, February 15, 2016

World War IV weaponry

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

~ Albert Einstein

This quote keeps popping into my thoughts as I read about what Syria is like and why millions of Syrians are refugees.  One frustration I experience with FB is that if I see a post that I like and I don't share it or download it, I can't go back to it. FB's habit these days is to constantly shake up my feed. I suspect FB has adopted this practice to get my eyes looking at more ads.  If I see something, get distracted and don't save it, it can disappear. Even if I spend a significant amount of time scaling down my feed hoping to find it, it is gone but my eyes are scanning over ads.  I don't have the time to look at the walls of the almost 600 FB friends I have to find it. Sometimes I remember who posted something I want to revisit and I can go to their wall and see it but often, the reason I didn't save the post, download it or share it is that I got distracted. In distraction, I don't remember who posted it so I can't find it, given the constantly undulating feed shown to me by FB.  

I mention my frustration with so easily losing others' posts that turn up on my FB wall because sometime in the last week or more, someone posted a photo of Syria's largest city as it is today. The entire city is unihabitable. The photo shows bombed out uninhabited and unusuable buildings as far as the eye, or the camera, can see.

We contributed to that bombed out, uninhabitable city, and Hillary Clinton, as then-Secretary of State, took actions deliberately chosen to facilitate such military action. She's a warmonger, plain and simple.

With the kind of emotion conveyed in Edvard Munch's famous "Scream" paintings (there is more than one Munch Scream), I shrink at the horror humans unleash upon one another. I am yet more horrified by the way the world, in too many places, shows so little empathy.

I think I have read that Great Britain has agreed to take as few as 25,000 Syrian refugees. Further, that low number is to be reached only by 2020. What a stingy amount.

And over here in the U.S. we have crazy bigots insisting we take no refugees from Muslim anywhere.

And Hillary's role in the hell that has become daily life for multi-millions of Syrians (and refugees from other Hillary bated wars).

No wonder Hillary is good pals with war criminal Kissinger. They share a twisted world view in which non-American life is a fungible loss that can be sloughed off as unavoidable collateral damage. These are human beings.

That photo of a bombed out Syrian city haunts me. It is a ghost town created in rapid, vicious, violent attack on human beings.  Hillary, Obama and their counterparts in countries that we see as allies (but we seem to do all the paying -- why can't Saudi Arabia and Qatar pony up for wars in their neck of the woods? Aren't some Middle East countries quite rich and have much at stake in seeing a stable Middle East?  Qatar is spending billions to host the World Cup but it spends nothing to fight ISIS, letting U.S. taxpayers foot the bill that are warmongering 'leaders' choose to fight.

Hillary, I'm looking at you.

No comments: