Sunday, December 08, 2013

eat only real food

Look at the ingredients of food you buy:  if there are unidentifiable chemical-sounding ingredients, don't buy it and sure as heck don't eat it. No one knows what putting chemicals into our bodies throughout our lifetimes does to our bodies but we keep doing it for the god of corporate profits.  Take back your freedom to eat real food.

It does take more work.  I actually cook every day again.

I get into ruts, but wholesome, whole food ruts. Right now, mushrooms and greens are my favorite go-to, quickie dinner. I still can hardly believe I consider a plate of mushrooms and greens braised in garlic-infused olive oil to be a truly great meal. It is a truly great meal with high satiety factor, densely nutritious and it takes less than ten minutes. The clean up is easy:  one pan, which I clean as soon as I plate my meal.

Today I am moving into new territory: I am going to make polenta with mushrooms.

Yeah, I'm on a mushroom kick.

No comments: