Tuesday, March 22, 2011

leftovers

I had some leftover spinach paneer, some yummily creamy spinach with yellow lentils, from a takeout order.  And I had some not-bad frozen falafel from Trader Joe's.  Neither was enough for dinner but together, wow.  I just had one of the most satisfying leftover dinners of my life.  Was I unusually hungry? Is my body signaling to me that she craves more vegies?  I placed it all in one large shallow bowl, positioned falafel patties all around the spinach goop and lightly zapped. Then I mashed the falafel. Yeah, boring blog post but oh my gosh this was tasty. The spinach thing was very spicy. The falafel was a little dry and more texture than flavor. Mush them together and you had a frakking great casserole-y thing. Upper Midwest Lutheran potluck with Indian and Middle East seasoning.

I want more but it's all gone and it is two a.m.  I do have some frozen spinach stuff, also TJ, but I'm not hungry.

I am boring but, trust me, this was a very tasty meal.  I want more right now.

No comments: