Thursday, January 03, 2008

stumbling and fumbling

Something unusual has come over me. Normally, I am great with detail but in the past couple weeks, I have become a stumbling fumbling doofus. I am having trouble managing the minor administrative details of my applications for MFA programs in creative writing. Very minor administrative details. Minor. Very minor. And I am flubbing them, missing deadlines, failing to track basic detail.

It is so weird for me to be befuddled, at least with detail, that I don't have the problem-solving skill to fix my confusion. My mind becomes pink cotton candy when I try to pause and think about what I have to do to fix my pixilation.

Maybe I am not supposed to apply? Maybe my best self is trying to send me a signal?

Or maybe dementia has set in and I am going to be a goofball for the rest of my life.

Gee, I hope not. I have come undone.

No comments: