Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Culture of Love

I attended a three day meeting of the GiGis (short for Geek Girls). We are a miniscule thinktank of awesome women aspiring to feminize the internet. I shared my belief that there are only two possible filters on reality, a filter of love or a filter of fear. And that our goal is to have a culture of love.

Next, I attended BlogHer, a 700+ gathering of women bloggers. Wow. Zowie. Women should rule. Women will rule.

My friend and colleague Nancy White called, during a cocktail party, for a return to the culture of love. And then we all sang "All You Need is Love".

And then, on the final morning plenary of BlogHer, the music-audio didn't work and the whole room burst into "All You Need is Love".

Wow. Zowie. I can't believe I made such a difference.

2 comments:

Denise said...

yea for GiGis! :-)

Amy Lenzo said...

Of COURSE you make such a difference, Tree-Beauty!