Friday, November 26, 2010

a new bike or an iPad?

I have a few hundred extra, unbudgeted bucks.  Someone stole my Cannondale out of the bike room in my building's bike room. There is a code to get into the room so it was probably someone who lives here and owns a bike. Yuck. It was about $700 bucks worth of bike, more if you count the two locks, the bike helmet, the special seat, lights, water bottle and mount, ankle wraps that I kept wrapped on the frame.  I loved everything about that bike.

Or an iPad?  I don't need an iPad. I have a perfectly good, one-year-old MacBook Pro. But I covet the new technology.

Decisions decisions.

Or I could pay down a little debt.  I owe a couple friends some money, not much, but I do owe.

I have just decided. Pay the debt. Wait for the bike. I don't need an iPad.

No comments: