Saturday, August 09, 2014

CUKES! ! ! Snapdragons! ! !

This week I'm having lots of cucumber, apple and fresh ginger smoothies.  Yum yum yum. The more I experiment, the tastier my raw green smoothies get.

I learned the apple trick at a smoothie restaurant.

Snapdragons have always been my favorite annual. Anytime I have had gardening space, I have grown snapdragons. Lately, walking many miles a day in Berkeley, I have been suppressing temptations to steal some snapdragons. So when I saw big bunches of them on sale for only four dollars, I indulged.

I've been buying myself flowers once a week at the market.

Today's snaps have my favorite:  pink ones that shift to yellow, variegated. Also dark maroon ones that have a velvety appearance.  Medium dark pink ones. And some that are white at the bottom and purplish at the ends.  I kept the flowers from last week that still looked good: pink and yellow sedum, oregano with tiny white buds and white flowers many could call daisies but i don't think daisy is the right word.  And one pink zinnia.

I have always also planted zinnias when I have had growing space, sacrificing vegie space for some flowers I could cut and use in my home as bouquets.

Gosh I miss having a garden.


No comments: